The Venue / Garden
Second Helpings offer exclusive dining experiences to celebrate any occasion, set in beautiful surroundings in the heart of Surrey.
We are located in the ancient village of Lingfield, located in the south eastern corner of Surrey, bording Sussex, Kent & Hampshire in the South East of England. The village is known to be in existence as far back as 871AD and has a medieval church that is Grade I listed, and timber-frame architecture from the Tudor period.
Our entertaining space and kitchen have just been refurbished giving a light and spacious venue for you and your guests to enjoy. Two sets of French doors lead on to the patio and beyond a glorious garden with two ponds, a meadow and a woodland area. We love our garden and are more than happy for you to wonder and ponder at your leisure. Seating can be arranged in the garden for you to enjoy your meal and drinks when the weather is kind.
Selected Images copyright © Andrew King Photography
Whilst here, why not take advantage of the beautiful countryside and renowned tourist attractions close by? Listed below are some of our favourites.
- Lingfield Park Racecourse, with more than 80 race meetings a year and an events calendar for non-horse racing fans too.
- British Wildlife Centre, home to more than 40 species of native wildlife.
- Hever Castle, just seven miles from Lingfield you’ll find this Romantic 13th century moated castle, once the home of Anne Boleyn.
- The 66 mile Vanguard Way walking trail passes just a few miles east of Lingfield.
- Ashdown Forest– at the heart of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visit Hundred Acre Wood – the home of Winne The Pooh.
- Wakehurst previously known as Wakehurst Place, is a house and botanic gardens in West Sussex, England, owned by the National Trust but used and managed by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Glyndebourne is an English country house, the site of an opera house that, since 1934, has been the venue for the annual Glyndebourne Festival Opera. Initially, operas were presented within the house but there is now a free-standing opera house in its grounds.